Jonathan (Jay) Walker (MBA, BS, CMRP) brings extensive experience and know-how in all areas of supply chain management to Visante’s clients. With a heavy emphasis on sound financial decision-making, Jonathan introduces, develops and delivers on key metrics that identify waste throughout the supply chain. His focus on change management through process design/redesign, project and resource management and data driven decisions enable sustainability.
Prior to joining Visante, Jonathan worked with large and small hospitals, academic medical centers, integrated delivery networks (IDNs), ambulatory centers and physician practices. Some of his key leadership positions have included Surgical Supply Manager at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Supply Chain Consultant with Trident Edge Consulting, Program Manager with BlueBin, Assistant Director of Materials Management at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Cente and Supply Chain Consultant with RightSourcing, among others.
Jonathan’s emphasis on delivering financial wins for his clients has resulted in many excellent outcomes, including:
- Led a Cost Reduction Team and identified $1.6M in potential cost saving on supplies, labor and purchased services.
- Converted 4,700 med/surg items to new primary distributor resulting in reduced Storeroom Inventory of $309K and improved demand estimates.
- Identified $1.8M in credits/rebills due to discrepancies in invoicing.
- Managed, controlled and optimized $23M Operating Budget and Capital Budget.
- Participated with Clinical and Executive Leadership resource and product standardization /utilization.
- Redesigned Case Cart Storeroom Layout and optimized the Picking Process using ABC and supply groupings.
Jonathan received his Master of Business Administration and his Bachelor of Science degrees from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey with a Dual Concentration in Supply Chain and Strategy. While an undergraduate at Rutgers, Jonathan served as President of the Dean’s Advisory Council (the equivalent of Student Government President). He has co-authored 2 published supply chain related articles. He completed training courses in the areas of: Essentials to Leadership, DISC Behavioral Styles, and Emotional Intelligence. Jonathan is a Certified Materials Resource Professional (CMRP).